Skip to main content

Student Success Statement - 3/7/2018

"True independance and freedom can only exist in doing what'a right" - Brigham Young 

This quote is being said by the founder and creater of Brigham Young Univeristy. He was a very virtouis and rightful person. He was a CTR person and passed that onto the students that attend BYU. This quote, to me, means that in order to be free of everyone you need to make good decisions. In a way that is correct but at the same time the quote contradicts itself because this quote is saying that the only way to have freedom is making good decisions. If you had the freedom to do what you wanted you would not have to make the right decision. Therefor, the only way to have freedom is to have the right to make your own decisions that you want to do. For example, if I didn't want to go somewhere but knew I should be there , this quote is saying I should do what is right and go and I will be free and independant but if i dont go i am not m,aking a good decisions. But inrealiy making my own choices will give me a sense of independance and freedom compared to having to attend the thing i dont want to because another person depends on me being there. ANother persond epending on me being there no  longer makes me independant because I will have someone depending me so  cant make my own choices and I will not be free since someone will be with me. 


Image result

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student Success Statement - 2/14/18

"Ask yourself is it right or wrong and act according."                                                                                - Otto Graham  This quote, in my own words, means acknowledge if something is wrong or right and make the best choice. Many times, i have thought about a quote similar to this and i actually make my decisions with a conscious mind and i think about what is right and what is wrong and make sure that drives me to my decision. I like this quote because it is something people don't always do. I feel like some peolpe make decisions and dont really think about the effects the choice will have on them or whoever in the long run. I feel like if people thought about the choices  they make and focus on how it could negatively impact them or someone else, we wouldn't have so much voilence. But sadly, that is not what happens. Instead i make sure i make the right decisions. For example, yesterday at church class I was sitting at a desk and saw

Student Success Statement - 4/12/2018

"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls - walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching even far into the ground - there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? NO, never! I'd die first." - Karl G. Maeser I dont really u nderstand this quote because its comparing two things that are nothing alike. Also why would anyone ever give their word never to cross it? This statement doesn't make sense and doesnt even tell us what exactly his words of honor are. I think its good for him that maybe he understnads tis quote, but  dont. Also, I dont think he would keep his word of honor if he admits to trying to escape a prison that he was in their for a crime he had comitted. I dont think this quote nmakes much sense because in order to g

Osteopathic Physician - 2/12/2018

Osteopathic Physician Duties and Responsibilities: Osteopathic Physicians practice osteopathy which is the idea that moving bones and joints can cause good health Salary: Osteopathic physicians make around $150,000 or more a year.  Educational Requirements: In order to become an Osteopathic Physician you need to go to Osteopathic college and do training Demand or need: It was predicted to grow 20% from 2010 to 2020  Reflection: I would not like to be an osteopathic physician because it does not interest me and i feel like i would get bored doing it.