Skip to main content

sss - 1/19/18

"Even if everyone is doing it, wrong is never right"

                                                           

                                                                        - Russell M. Nelson 

I agree with this quote. I agree with this quote because it is very true. This quote reminds me of peer pressure which is a big problem with people my age, high-schoolers. Many of the people in high school tend to rebel during these years so that means they use drugs, cheat, or are just doing what is not right. It is important that we think about this quote when it comes to making a bad decision. For example, throughout my years of going to school i have always had that kid in the class that is known for cheating. Several times i told this kid that cheating was not the right answer so i would help him. Many people are not used to receiving help which is a big reason as to why i believe people cheat.  I have always been big on doing what is right. Every time that i do something that is not right my conscious leads me to fixing my mistakes and never doing them again. 


Image resultImage result for doing what is right

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student Success Statement - 4/12/2018

"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls - walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching even far into the ground - there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? NO, never! I'd die first." - Karl G. Maeser I dont really u nderstand this quote because its comparing two things that are nothing alike. Also why would anyone ever give their word never to cross it? This statement doesn't make sense and doesnt even tell us what exactly his words of honor are. I think its good for him that maybe he understnads tis quote, but  dont. Also, I dont think he would keep his word of honor if he admits to trying to escape a prison that he was in their for a crime he had comitted. I dont think this quote nmakes much sense because in order to g

Student Success Statement - 4/6/2018

"A promise must never be broken." - Alexander Hamilton I agree with this quote. I agree with this quote because it is true. This quote is true because i pormise is made to do something for a reason and it should be completed. I thin k making a promise allows someone to trust you and if they break that promise then so will the trust be broken. Making promises is not something to be used lightly, you only promise something when you really mean it and know you qill complete it. Promises are important to everyone and almost everyone has promised something at some point in their life. Breaking a promise can lead to many consequences and can even lead to the relationship with the person you made the promise to be broken. 

Student Success Statement - 2/14/18

"Ask yourself is it right or wrong and act according."                                                                                - Otto Graham  This quote, in my own words, means acknowledge if something is wrong or right and make the best choice. Many times, i have thought about a quote similar to this and i actually make my decisions with a conscious mind and i think about what is right and what is wrong and make sure that drives me to my decision. I like this quote because it is something people don't always do. I feel like some peolpe make decisions and dont really think about the effects the choice will have on them or whoever in the long run. I feel like if people thought about the choices  they make and focus on how it could negatively impact them or someone else, we wouldn't have so much voilence. But sadly, that is not what happens. Instead i make sure i make the right decisions. For example, yesterday at church class I was sitting at a desk and saw